Our Process to Find Missing Heirs
We offer no-cost, no-obligation consultations, even if you’re not planning to start a search right away. Feel free to call us with any questions you might have: as subject matter experts, we’ve seen it all and we can help. Our firm dedication to A Better Way means that we will never initiate a search without your authorization.
To Start a Search
- An Account Manager profiles your heir search requirements and provides you with a no-cost, no-obligation written fee quotation.
- Our search starts upon your execution of our Fee Quote.
- Your file is assigned to one of our professional forensic genealogical researchers. No matter who your assigned researcher is, you have access to our entire team. Our researchers collaborate on complex forensic genealogical issues to find solutions that are unique to each file.
- Your researcher contacts you to verify the service details, including information provided, reporting needs and deadlines. We clarify your research goals and timelines, and request copies of all relevant information, like birth and death records, wills or obituaries, and last known contact information.
- We keep you advised of our progress by your choice of communication: via telephone, email, fax or standard mail.
- You receive a timely research summary (usually on a monthly basis), outlining the current status, research conducted, documents obtained and research next steps.
- We update you immediately if significant discoveries occur. We encourage you to contact us should you obtain new data pertinent to your search, or if you have any questions concerning the research summary.
When Search is Complete
- We contact you immediately.
- You receive a written report, suitable for court, that includes all supporting documentation required to establish the identities of the parties referred to in the report.
- When appropriate, your family tree is customized to include the names, birth and death dates, corresponding exhibit numbers, and references to the individual paragraphs in our report (also made available to you in digital format).
Our goal throughout the process is always to meet and exceed your expectations.
We address all potential roadblocks, like unverified information or sealed adoption records, at the beginning of every search, and continue to update you throughout the process.
Fully Insured Searches
For the protection of all concerned parties, we maintain corporate insurance coverage for errors, omissions ($2,000,000) and / or general liability ($5,000,000).
Our fees are always reasonable and non-percentage based. Services are provided on an hourly basis with a recommended number of hours estimated based on the type of search required – never on the size of the trust or estate. Our fee quotations are always based on an Account Manager’s careful recommendations, tailored to your heir search requirements.
Extensive Database Access and Worldwide Resources
Our resources include digital and physical, in-house commercial and public records databases, libraries and archival records. We have established connections and relationships around the world to aid in our search.
All information provided is analyzed before research starts, and confirmed as new information accumulates. You can contact your researcher via telephone or email at any time to provide answers to any questions you may have. We do not exceed our initial authorized number of hours without your approval. Should additional hours be required to complete your search, we will advise you in advance and obtain approval prior to proceeding.
I was very pleased with the professionalism of your services and the quick results.
Saint Clair Shores, MI
Feb 14, 2024
This was a great experience with HeirSearch. I cannot estimate how much time and money we would have spent if we tried to handle this search ourselves. The time and cost to obtain documents were well worth your efforts. I will be sure to pass your company on to others here who are in need of and heir search.
Feb 13, 2024
Everyone I spoke to was always incredibly helpful and nice. This was our first time working with HeirSearch and will continue to do so.
El Paso, TX
Feb 12, 2024
The folks at HeirSearch did exhaustive research for a case where no heirs had been identified as the distributees of an estate valued at over $1.5million. Thanks to HeirSearch, 8 people who never met the decedent will be sharing a very unexpected inheritance. Great work.
San Antonio, TX
Feb 09, 2024
In short, we appreciate all that HeirSearch has done for us on what I believe to be our third endeavor. All the work has been top notch and timely.
Feb 02, 2024
The researcher was excellent to work with, very good communication and professional follow through.
Jan 18, 2024