A Better Career
Forensic genealogy isn’t a solo effort—it takes a dedicated team to deliver superior results. At HeirSearch™, we offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business.
We’re always looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join our experienced, friendly team. Our team members include the best Researchers, Account Managers, and Administration staff in the industry.
Administrative and Accounts Receivable Assistant
HeirSearch is looking to hire a full-time Administrative and Accounts Receivable Assistant for its Burnaby office. This role provides administrative and accounts receivable support to both the Research and Accounting departments. This role requires a keen individual who is passionate about supporting the team.
What would you do?
• Perform outstanding accounts receivable responsibilities including sending monthly statements, researching outstanding files, providing account summaries, communicating with clients and obtaining payment.
• Post payments to A/R to update clients’ account.
• Prepare daily collection report.
• Ensure all required notes and client communication are recorded in Salesforce.
• Prepare monthly refund, balance adjustment and bad debt write off at manager’s requests.
• File all closed cases and retrieve closed cases for re-opening as necessary.
• Assist with year end and annual audit.
• Assist with operational tasks, ad hoc reporting and projects from executive as required.
• Order documents and follow up on delivery status.
• Brand and print materials.
• Proofread reports and copy exhibits.
• Reconcile Visa bill, cheques, payments on retainer and process external invoices.
• Research new resources; continuously update old resources.
• Create final pdf package and upload to SalesForce.
• Fax and mail client correspondences.
• Log time and disbursements appropriately in SalesForce.
• Track all outgoing data.
• Monitor retainers to ensure timely payments are made.
What will you bring?
• Previous work experience in an administrative/customer service position is an asset.
• One-year accounting / bookkeeping experience is preferred.
• Exceptional organizational, time management and multi-tasking abilities.
• Very strong oral and written English communication skills with accurate spelling and grammar.
• Professional phone manner and excellent customer service skills.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
• Intermediate internet navigation, MS office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and effective use of basic office equipment (printer, copier, fax etc.) is required. QuickBooks and Salesforce experience are assets.
• Criminal record check required-will be conducted by the company once the successful applicant has been chosen.
What do we offer?
• The chance to work in a unique industry, fast-paced position, and professional environment.
• Comprehensive medical and dental benefits and paid time off.
• Social Committee events and gifts.
• Charitable giving programs.
• On-site parking and close access to public transit.
Who we are?
We Find Missing Heirs A Better Way®
HeirSearch™ research experts work with executors, administrators, trustees, fiduciaries, bank and trust officers, and their counsel to establish kinship for legal purposes. Since 1967, we’ve used forensic genealogy, an analytical research method, to successfully complete tens of thousands of worldwide searches.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
• 8-hour shift
• Monday to Friday
From time to time as our company grows, we seek enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join the HeirSearch team.
Our team members include: Researchers, Account Managers, and, Administration staff.