A Better Career
Forensic genealogy isn’t a solo effort—it takes a dedicated team to deliver superior results. At HeirSearch, we offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business.
We’re always looking for enthusiastic and motivated people to join our experienced, friendly team. Our team members include the best Researchers, Account Managers, and Administration staff in the industry.
In Office position
HeirSearch is seeking a Genealogical Researcher who works with minimal supervision to identify and locate missing heirs and beneficiaries or descendants. The position involves conducting extensive research, analysis of various documents and preparing reports to summarize findings. The successful incumbent requires excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively with clients.
What would you do?
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct case management and meet client timelines while updating hours logged and status letter due dates
- Communicate with external resources, clients, leads, and heirs to establish positive relationships
- Perform database searches, analyze and interpret research results, and write accurate and concise case reports, status letters, and production sheets
- Request and follow up on documents, arrange notary services, and authorize external researchers/translators as needed
- Record and invoice disbursements, stay current with new developments, and update production forecasts daily
- Locate missing heirs, meet monthly production goals and quality standards, and demonstrate ownership of case management
- Work on difficult cases and attend court to provide expert testimony
Continuously learn and become proficient at researching and resolving all case types
Critical Success Factors:
- Possess an investigative mindset to quickly identify relevant information
- Communicate effectively and develop a rapport with people over the telephone
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking, decision-making, and attention to detail skills
- Be tenacious, creative, and persistent in solving complex cases
- Work well in a self-directed environment, continuously learn and adapt to change
- Contribute to the team, share information, and support team members
What are we looking for?
- 3-5 years of office work experience with familiarity in using MS Office tools and the Windows Operating System
- Proficiency in operating general office equipment like printers, copiers, and fax machines
- Strong business writing skills with an eye for detail, including the ability to proof-read and correct errors in documents. Familiarity with legal or banking terminology is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey information clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated investigative skills to find, interpret, evaluate, and use information effectively. Comfortable using directories, maps, and other resources to locate information
- Logical reasoning skills to identify problems, strategize solutions, and analyze each approach to come to a logical conclusion
- Good time management skills, including the ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize tasks according to resource availability
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to identify discrepancies and proactively take steps to correct them while maintaining emotional intelligence in dealing with colleagues and clients
What do we offer?
- The chance to work in a unique industry, fast-paced position, and professional environment
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits and paid time off
- Social Committee events and gifts
- Charitable giving programs
- On-site parking and close access to public transit
Who we are?
We Find Missing Heirs A Better Way™
HeirSearch research experts work with executors, administrators, trustees, fiduciaries, bank and trust officers, and their counsel to establish kinship for legal purposes. Since 1967, we’ve used forensic genealogy, an analytical research method, to successfully complete tens of thousands of worldwide searches.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Yes this is an option, but only after training is complete and the candidate has met certain milestones.
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care and HSA
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
From time to time as our company grows, we seek enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join the HeirSearch team.
Our team members include: Researchers, Account Managers, and, Administration staff.