Forensic Genealogy Services
Since 1967, HeirSearch.com has specialized in providing forensic genealogy A Better Way to the legal and trust professions. We welcome the opportunity to work with executors, administrators, trustees, fiduciaries, bank and trust officers, and their counsel.
Forensic genealogy is research, analysis and reporting in cases with legal implications, most often involving living people. HeirSearch.com research experts ensure the highest standards of ethics while employing forensic genealogy methodology, conducting every search in a professional, unbiased manner with no personal stake in the outcome other than a successful one for the client.
Our Mission Statement
To consistently enable our legal and banking clientele to meet their heir search fiduciary responsibilities in estate and trust matters. We provide forensic genealogy services A Better Way through our five-pillar approach that ensures reasonable, non-percentage based fees, authorized search services, a 97% success rate, documented court-ready reports and worldwide service. We Find Missing Heirs A Better Way®
The Five-Pillar Approach of A Better Way
- Reasonable Non-Percentage Based Fees
- Our fees are quoted in advance and determined by a set fee schedule based on the type of search and your requirements…never as a percentage of the trust or estate. To obtain a fee quote without cost or obligation please click here.
- Authorized Search Services
- We never start a search without your authorization. Unauthorized searches are common in the industry due to the significant windfall rewards that are possible.
- 97% Success Rate Since 1967
- HeirSearch.com has proudly achieved an average 97% success rate since 1967. Our professional research staff is highly qualified through a combination of education, training and experience, specializing in finding missing heirs and beneficiaries.
- Documented Court-Ready Reports
- Our final reports provide clear and convincing evidence of the identities and location of all concerned parties.
- Worldwide Service
- Over the years, HeirSearch.com has successfully located missing heirs and beneficiaries in more than 65 countries.
A Better Way: The Reason Fiduciaries Choose HeirSearch.com
Significant concerns have been expressed over the years by the legal profession and consumers about percentage fees, or so-called “contingency fees,” being charged by most heir locator firms. Otherwise known as “heir hunters,” these firms and individuals use questionable, high-pressure tactics to obtain excessive percentage fees of inheritances. In order to protect their percentage fee, heir hunters will withhold the name of the deceased, and even the amount of the inheritance, until the beneficiary agrees to sign an, arguably, champertous contract. This means beneficiaries are being asked to sign away a percentage of an unknown amount and heir hunter fees can sometimes be as much as 50% of the person’s inheritance.
HeirSearch.com believes in fair search practices and protecting the rights of its clients. Excessive fees are unacceptable and unnecessary as all heirs can be located using the A Better Way approach. HeirSearch.com sets the bar for fair practice in the heir search industry. Read More about A Better Way